4.22.2013

Green Juice Fast

Green Juice Fast

Needless to say, after a week at Universal Studios in Orlando I needed to cleanse! I've discovered that a Green Juice Fast doesn't have to be painful. To my surprise, it's actually been quite pleasurable and I really look forward to drinking my favorite green juice! I know there are a lot of green juice recipes out there, but this one is so good that everyone I make it for asks for the recipe. So here it is. Let me know how it works for you.



Following the Clean Cleanse by Alejandro Junger, I drink this yummy green drink I've developed for breakfast and dinner and have my only meal at lunch, usually consisting of a big green salad with chickpeas and turkey or chicken. Initially, I lost 4 lbs. overnight which was clearly water weight from the french fries, pizza and God knows what and then a pound every day after that. I'm feeling quite virtuous, but put a Volcano in front of me from Rainforest Cafe' and it's all over!

This recipe makes enough juice for breakfast and dinner. Just refrigerate what you don't drink at breakfast and save the rest for later. I find if my drink is ready and waiting I don't start snacking. Don't forget to wash all vegetables thoroughly. For a cold drink, make sure your coconut water is refrigerated. You want to use sweet tropical fruits in this juice. Berries can be too tart.


Green Juice Fast
2-16 ounce servings

A big handful of kale (2 ounces), tough stems removed
A big handful of spinach (2 ounces)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
4 tablespoons unsweetened, dried coconut
1/4 cup raw almonds
1 apple, cored
1 cup pineapple, mango or a small banana
16 ounces pure coconut water

Place all ingredients in a Vitamix, or high powered blender and mix until blended and smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment